Disney and Pixar’s Turning Red debuts on all major digital platforms April 26 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on May 3!
Activate Red Panda Mode When Disney and Pixar’s Turning Red Burstsonto Digital April 26 and 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ and DVD May 3
LOS ANGELES, CA (April 11, 2022) – Disney and Pixar’s Turning Red debuts on all major digital platforms April 26 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on May 3, just in time for Mother’s Day. Pixar fans can transport back to the early aughts and experience all the warm and fuzzy red panda Mei-hem with never-before-seen bonus material including seven deleted scenes, three featurettes and audio commentary with Director Domee Shi. Turning Red is also streaming on Disney+.Film Synopsis In Disney and Pixar’s Turning Red, confident, dorky 13-year-old Mei must balance being a dutiful daughter with the chaos of adolescence. Her slightly overbearing mom is never far from her daughter. And, as if changes to Mei’s interests, relationships and body aren’t enough, whenever she gets too excited, she “poofs” into a giant red panda! Bonus Features*
- Audio Commentary – View the film with audio commentary by director Domee Shi, producer Lindsey Collins, and director of photography Mahyar Abousaeedi.
- Life of a Shot – Domee Shi and members of the crew describe the many-layered process and artistry involved in creating the hilarious Red Peony scene – from observing red pandas in a zoo to creating a storyboard to finalizing the animation and background lighting.
- Build Your Own Boy Band – Step backstage to learn how 4*TOWN came to animated life. From creating each band member’s persona to writing and producing the songs to fine-tuning the details of their stadium performance, the filmmakers reveal how they designed the ultimate boy band.
- Ani-Mei-Tion – Because Mei’s heightened emotionality is central to the story, it was important that her look and movement reflect that energy. Learn how Domee Shi led the animation team to incorporate hints of expressive anime to create Mei’s lovable, dynamic character.
- Deleted Scenes
- Deleted Scenes Introduction – Director Domee Shi introduces scenes not included in the final version of Turning Red.
- Intro Meilin – In this alternate opening, Ming and young Mei have their portrait taken in a studio…but Ming has her own specific vision for the photo.
- Taming The Panda – Under her mother’s guidance, Mei learns techniques to control her ability to magically turn into a red panda…to varying degrees of success.
- The Debate – Mei runs for class president against frenemy Tyler, and the speeches get a little out of hand.
- Fei And Christina Hang – Mei (formerly Fei) shares a banana split while having a heart-to-heart with Aunt Christina.
- 4*TOWN Dilemma – Mei scores tickets to her dream concert, but her strict mother won’t let her out of the house. What will she do?
- Roping In Leo – Pleading with Leo for help with getting out of trouble, Mei learns a couple of his closely guarded secrets.
- Easter Egg – Robutton Deleted Scene – An alternate ending in which Mei, finding herself sitting next to her 4*TOWN dream-idol Robaire on a flight to California, has some feelings.
*bonus features vary by product and retailerCast Rosalie Chiang as Meilin Lee Sandra Oh as Ming Lee Ava Morse as Miriam Hyein Park as Abby Maitreyi Ramakrishnan as Priya Orion Lee as Jin Lee Tristan Allerick Chen as Tyler Nguyen-Baker Directed by Domee Shi Produced by Lindsey Collins, p.g.a. Executive Producers Dan Scanlon Pete Docter Story by Julia Cho Domee Shi Sarah Streicher Screenplay by Julia Cho Domee Shi Original Songs by Billie Eilish and Finneas O’Connell Music by Ludwig Göransson Product Specifications Street Date Digital: April 26 Physical: May 3 Product SKUs Digital: 4K UHD, HD, SD Physical: 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (4K UHD + Blu-ray + Digital Code), Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + Digital Code) & DVD Feature Run Time Approx. 100 minutes Rating U.S. Rated PG Bonus material not rated Aspect Ratio Digital: 1.85:1 Physical: 1.85:1 U.S. Audio 4K Ultra HD: English 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Dolby Digital, English 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus, Spanish 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus, English 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos, English AD 2.0 Dolby Digital Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 5.1 DTS-HDHR, English 2.0 Dolby Digital, English AD 2.0 Dolby Digital DVD: English 5.1 Dolby, Spanish 5.1 Dolby, English 2.0 Dolby, English AD 2.0 Dolby Digital: English Dolby Atmos (UHD only, some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital (some platforms) U.S. Subtitles 4K Ultra HD: English SDH, Spanish Blu-ray: English SDH, Spanish DVD: English SDH, Spanish Digital: English SDH, French, Spanish (some platforms) Press Materials
- EPK.TV / Turning Red Blu-ray, DVD, 4K Ultra HD and Digital
- Getty Images / Turning Red
- Original Motion Picture Soundtrack / Turning Red
Trailer available on YouTube at: https://youtu.be/wErgLflohSw
@PixarTurningRedFacebook: @PixarTurningRedInstagram: @PixarTurningRed#TurningRed About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) manages The Walt Disney Company’s vast content commercialization and distribution ecosystem that delivers the Company’s unparalleled storytelling to audiences worldwide. This entails P&L management and operation of the Company’s portfolio of streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and the international general entertainment offering, Star; its linear television channels and the ABC-owned stations; theatrical film distribution; content licensing and distribution, including Disney Music Group; global advertising sales; and the technology that powers these groups. Using a wealth of consumer insights from across the Company, DMED makes content investment and distribution decisions to maximize audience engagement and commercial impact across platforms, collaborating with creative leaders in Disney’s Studios, General Entertainment, and Sports organizations.Social Media Twitter:
3 thoughts on “Disney and Pixar’s Turning Red debuts on all major digital platforms April 26 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on May 3!”
Pixar always makes good movies. I’m sure my nephews and niece would enjoy this one.
My kids watched this movie on Disney + and really liked it, they were laughing the whole time! I may have to get it on DVD now, thanks for sharing the release date.
A fun movie that the whole family would enjoy.